Is Yahoo messenger down today? It won’t sign in?
acts like it is but just keeps spinning its wheels and won’t complete the connection
Assuming you do mean Yahoo Messenger and not Yahoo Mail Instant Messaging
Sign in Tips for Messenger 10 & 11
1) Shut down your computer and power off the router for a couple of minutes. Restart computer
2) Right click on your network logo in the Notification Area – down by the clock (2 blue monitor screens) select ‘Diagnose and repair’
3) Use ccleaner to keep your browser(s) optimised
Download ‘ccleaner’ and use it daily. Run it through a couple of times,using the factory settings and the ‘Analyze’ control to see the files offered up for cleaning. Use ‘Run Cleaner’ to delete these files and then run ‘Analyze’ again to ensure all files are deleted
Run the ‘Registry’ from the left hand toolbar but ‘Save’ any changes after opting to ‘repair’ errors.Never make changes to your Registry without saving the information.
4) Even if you have another browser set as default Messenger is coded with IE so make sure IE is up to date and not set to ‘Work Offline’ in ‘Tools’. Use IE to check you have Flashplayer and Shockwaveplayer loaded. You also need Java Runtime Environment
5) Open IE > Tools > Internet Options > Connection (tab) > LAN settings – set to ‘Automatically detect settings’ > OK > OK
6) On the sign in page – click Messenger – click Internet Preference
Make sure the information in the 2 lower boxes is correct – if not use the drop-box arrows to display the correct information – click Apply and OK
7) If the info is correct toggle between ‘Connect direct’ and ‘Use a Proxy’ > Apply >OK
8) Select ‘troubleshoot ‘ and ‘show details’ this can slow the software down long enough to sign in if the Yahoo software gets out of sequence
Seriously considering to get into acting?
I’m from Brampton, Ontario, which is part of the GTA, and I am interested in starting a career in acting, even extra work, whatever. Anybody who has already jumped through the hoops and succesfully started a dependable career in the trade want to tell me how to get started that’d be great. Any suggestions and tips are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any and all help.
I’m an LA Actor giving you the REAL DEAL!
Here’s the cliffsnotes version of what you can do to do to get into acting and eventually get an agent:
1.EDUCATE YOURSELF FIRST!
READ (check Samuel French, libraries, and bookstores):
*Acting is Everything: Gold Edition-Judy Kerr
*How to Be a Working Actor-Mari Lyn Henry and Lynne Rogers
*Self Management for Actors-Bonnie Gillespie
-How to Get Arrested-J. Wallach Michael and Paul Thurwachter
*An Agent Tells All-Tony Martinez
-How To Book Acting Jobs in TV and Film-Cathy Reinking
-One Less Bitter Actor: The Actor’s Survival Guide-Markus Flanagan
-So You Want to Be in Showbusiness?- Steve R. Stevens
-Acting Truths and Lies (purchased at www.info4actors.com)
*Book the Job-Doug Warhit
*Intent to Live-Larry Moss
-Acting for the Camera-Tony Barr
-Acting in Film-Michael Caine
-Acting Class: Take a Seat-Milton Katselas
*Art of Acting-Stella Adler
-Sanford Meisner on Acting-Sanford Meisner
-A Dream of Passion-Lee Strasberg
*Actor’s Art and Craft-William Esper
-The Power of the Actor-Ivanna Chubbuck
-No Acting Please-Eric Morris
-Respect for Acting-Uta Hagen
-Challenge to the Actor-Uta Hagen
-You Can Act!-D.W. Brown
-Strasberg’s Method-Lorrie Hull
*8 Characters of Comedy-Scott Sedita
-The Sitcom Career Book-Mary Lou Belli
-Anything by Viola Spolin
-Steve Book on Acting: Improv
-Improvise: Scene from the Inside Out-Mick Napier
*How to Get the Part Without Falling Apart-Margie Haber
*The 15 Guideline Map to Booking-Amy Lyndon
-Secrets to Successful Cold Readings-Glenn Alterman
Regardless of how “naturally talented” you might be, you NEED training, PERIOD!
Definitely take classes in:
3. Get GREAT headshots
Here’s is a good place to start:
4. Build Your Resume and Reel Doing Student films and Indie Films. Also do plays to build your acting experience.
How to make an ACTING resume:
The ONLY LEGIT Online sites that you can find jobs on your own through:
ALL SITES NOT LISTED BELOW ARE QUESTIONABLE!
Free but proceed with caution:
5. Get an Agent
Look up LEGIT agencies here:
To get an agent, you need to get GREAT headshots, a good resume, and training from the best. These are enough to get you a commercial agent at least. Getting a GOOD theatrical agent (Film/tv) takes longer. Most good theatrical agents won’t see you unless you’re SAG, have a polished resume, and a demo reel. Commercial agents are more lenient about that. What the best Commercial agents want to see on your resume are good commercial classes, improv, and cold reading.
You can get an agent multiple ways. Here are a few common ways:
-Mail in an unsealed manilla envelope with a CONCISE coverletter and headshot with the resume stapled on the back. If you have a demoreel include that too.
-Attend a showcase and impress them. By showcase I do not mean scammy conventions like IMTA, IPOP, Proscout, or Best New Talent. I mean legit ones like at Actor Connection, Reel pros, Network Studios, etc.
-Get a referral from a friend who is with the agency that you’re interested in
-Email them unless they tell you to. IT’S UNPROFESSIONAL!
-Call unless they tell you to. ALSO UNPROFESSIONAL!
-Walk in and ask for a meeting. UNPROFESSIONAL THREE!
-Sign with them if they ask for upfront money, make you take new photos with THEIR photographer, or take THEIR classes. Agent’s ONLY make money when you do. Agents usually make 10% on film/tv and commercials and 20% on commercial print
Cant connect to yahoo messenger after updating to YM10!?
The details can be found in the mail I sent to Yahoo‘s Customer Care, which got returned when being transferred to the email address <firstname.lastname@example.org>
When using YM9 and older version, I have always set the proxy setting to Using Proxy (if any) in Internet Explorer, since I use my laptop both at home and at university (which requires a proxy). So when YM10 had a message “There may be a problem with your connection,” I ran the troubleshooter, and changed the connection proxy again to “Connect directly to the Internet,” it is still not working (I am using YM at home so no need for proxy, but the Using Proxy setting should still work since there is no proxy active in IE).
I viewed the details in the test that the troubleshooter ran and all the results are “Passed.”
I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling YM10 for a lot of times. The first time I tried using the default uninstaller. The second times I tried using Your Uninstaller 2009 and the next time I used both YU 2009 and CCleaner to clean up the registries in hope to get YM working again. However, I still get the same message. Each time I uninstalled and reinstalled YM, I ran it again with default settings – no changes to “Connection Settings” – but it still does not work, and then I change the proxy to HTTP proxy, and again, still it does not work. I rolled back to Yahoo Messenger 9 through an download in Softpedia.com (this downloaded installer is a “direct” one – it does not download first and then install like the usual YM installer I download on yahoo.com), but YM9 does not work either.
So I tried the YM Help page – then I got to contact Yahoo Customer Care through the button “Contact Customer Care” below the line “Still Need Help.” However, when the browser redirected me to the password verification page, I can not sign in to Yahoo! anymore, it keeps redirecting me to the password verification page again and again. I tried another account with the verification page, but again it keep directing me to itself.
I don’t think there is a problem with my account, since, as you can see, I am using my Yahoo! account to write this email. I have tried both of my accounts on YM 10 (on this computer), and my brother have also tried his, but none of these account can sign in. I’ve tried using these accounts on other computers’ Yahoo Messenger 10, things went fine. I have also tried to reset my password, but I still have the problem with YM and the verification page.
There is also no problems with my Internet Connection. The other applications (Firefox, Internet Download Manager, as well as games) are still able to working through the internet.
Hi – Ive picked up a few tips that have helped others in the past few months – you have tried a few – any feedback would be useful – especially if you manage to sign in.
Check out the Yahoo blog for the latest help on this subject ( 18 August 2009 )
My own advice is:-
1) Start your troubleshooting with a clean browser
Download and run CCleaner daily – to keep your browsers fully operational
Use the settings as downloaded – Click on the ‘Run Cleaner’ tab until ‘0 bytes removed’
2) Shutdown computer – power off the router for one minute – restart computer
3) Have more than one browser available for trouble shooting. Keep browsers up to date to incorporate all the patches – I run Firefox, Google Chrome and IE. Keep one browser clear of add-ons and plug-ins.
Always have the browser you are using designated as default – even if you only have one
4) Make sure Yahoo toolbar is up to date if you have it
5) Sign in here to reset cookies
6) If you have a Yahoo email address:- drop the ‘@Yahoo.com’ from your username to sign in
7) Check the date and time are correct on your computer
8) If you have your settings to sign in automatically and recently changed your password check this out
9) Make sure your firewall has Messenger on the ‘allow’ list.Disable your firewall long enough to make a trial sign-in
10) Messenger 10 now carries a troubleshooting log – if you have a degree in computer science the results may be of some use
11) AVG free users may be interested in this forum
12) Uninstall using Revo freeware in ‘Advanced’ mode – This will scan your registry and C drive (after it uses the Yahoo uninstall software) for left behind fragments and folders which create conflicts
Re-start your computer and download Yahoo Messenger from here.
Acting and modeling interview. Any tips?
As acting and modelling are totally different careers, with totally different requirements, anyone saying they represent both is going to be a scam.
Any tips to stay focused, take everything in, etc?
Sat, Act Prep & Homework Help.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers